- This event has passed.
Ships to Shore – King of the Sea
May 5 @ 9:00 am - May 7 @ 4:00 pmFree
The City of Richmond will be marking Canada’s 150th birthday in 2017 with a year-long series of programs and events. The Ships to Shore King of the Sea festival in Garry Point Park features the Kaiwo Maru. Known as the ‘King of the Sea’, the Kaiwo Maru is a four-masted, 361 ft. long, 182 ft. high naval training vessel from Japan.
This free, family event will feature programming and attractions to appeal to all ages and cultures. Event highlights include:
– Ship viewing and boarding on the dock,
– Main stage entertainment throughout the weekend, including a headline artist on Saturday night,
– Fireworks over the Fraser on Saturday night,
– Festival entertainment throughout the site
– Food trucks,
– Maritime themed Kids Cove and more!